Caccia Birch House ~ Wedding Venue
Caccia Birch House’s unique and idyllic setting makes it the perfect location to hold your wedding. The grand homestead was built in 1895 overlooking the picturesque Hokowhitu Lagoon. Its tranquil country setting belies the fact that it is conveniently located minutes from the centre of Palmerston North and walking distance to many premier accommodation options.
Caccia Birch House provides many flexible options so you can plan your perfect day and maximise your budget.
The Historic Homestead and Gardens can only be hired as one for your wedding day and you will have exclusive use of the property for the period of your hire.
The minimum period of hire is five hours: This should provide enough time to hold your wedding ceremony, photographs and provide guests with drinks and fingerfood and any speeches or formalities.
After the initial five hours the venue is hired on an hourly rate. To hold the entire event here generally requires a total hire of approximately eight to ten hours if using a professional caterer.
A package is available for extra-long hire periods covering Friday evening, all of Saturday and Sunday morning. Self-catering groups often require this longer access. (See attached Venue Pricing)
This venue’s full hours of operation are 8am to 11pm inclusive.
The options include:
- Bringing in a caterer of your choice or you may provide your own food and service if you wish.
- Supplying your own beverages, at no additional cost. Some rules apply (see attached house information.)
What We Do
- Supply and set out the tables and chairs for the reception and other rooms to suit your requirements. We can currently seat a maximum of 100 people in the main Awhina Room.
- Set out the outdoor chairs (approx. 50 padded chairs) and provide the registry table and 2 matching chairs.
- Provide a licensed kitchen with crockery, cutlery & glassware. (see the kitchen information pack for a detailed list)
- A member of our staff is on hand at all times to provide venue assistance.
Caccia Birch House Wedding Ceremony
Caccia Birch House has a variety of ceremony locations to choose from around the property. Some suited to smaller more intimate gatherings and others for much larger numbers. Outdoor ceremony locations: (to name a few):
- The sunken Rose Garden with the Hokowhitu Lagoon or the House in the background.
- Under the grand old tulip tree (Locations on 3 different sides).
- The Herb & Rose Garden.
- The Front Balcony.
- The main lawn (4 different locations)
- The Paved Courtyard in front of the CoachHouse
Indoor ceremony locations:
- The Rimu panelled Entrance Foyer (80 – 100 mostly standing)
- The Lord Plunket room (up to 50 people seated)
- The upstairs Awhina room (80 – 90 seated and up to 120 with some standing)
Caccia Birch House Wedding Reception
Receptions may be held either indoors or outdoors to suit the requirements of your wedding day.
For traditional seated receptions:
- The upstairs Awhina room seats a maximum of 100 people. (Elevator access available).
(Plans to increase this room capacity to 120 by 2014)
- The downstairs Lord Plunket room can seat a maximum of 45 people for a meal.
For the modern weddings:
- Canapés may be tray served both in the homestead and / or the gardens.
- A light buffet or plated meal can be tray served whilst guests mingle.
- With superb ambience for casual summer weddings a popular contemporary option may be a BBQ or Spit Roast meal.
- Occasional seating can be provided in our rooms for those you require it.
Contact Caccia Birch House
Telephone: (06) 357 5363
Fax: (06) 354 8265