Caccia Birch House ~ Wedding Venue
Caccia Birch House’s unique and idyllic setting makes it the perfect location to hold your wedding. The grand homestead was built in 1895 overlooking the picturesque Hokowhitu Lagoon. Its tranquil country setting belies the fact that it is conveniently located minutes from the centre of Palmerston North and walking distance to many premier accommodation options.
Caccia Birch House gives you exclusive use of the house and ground for your Wedding. Many flexible options are available so you can plan your perfect day.
This venue’s full hours of operation are 8am to 11pm inclusive.
- Five hour hire
- Eight to ten hour hire which means your whole day can be here
- Extra-long hire periods can be booked to cover Friday evening, all of Saturday and Sunday morning
- Providing your own professional caterer
- Doing your own food and service
- Using the house caterer
- BYO alcohol and beverages. Some rules apply*
What We Do
- Supply and set out all tables and chairs including for the reception and in any other rooms required
- Set out a limited number of outdoor chairs and provide the registry table and 2 matching chairs
- Provide a licensed kitchen with crockery, cutlery & glassware.
- A member of our staff is on hand at all times to provide venue assistance
Caccia Birch House Wedding Ceremony
There are a variety of ceremony locations to choose from around the property, both indoors and out. There is a location to suit every wedding.
Caccia Birch House Wedding Reception
Receptions may be held either indoors or outdoors to suit the requirements of your wedding day.
For seated receptions:
The upstairs Awhina room seats a maximum of 120 people. (Elevator access available).
The downstairs Lord Plunket room can seat a maximum of 40 people.
Other options include:
Canapés tray served both in the homestead and / or the gardens.
A light buffet or plated meal can be tray served whilst guests mingle.
With superb ambience for casual summer weddings a popular contemporary option may be a BBQ or Spit Roast meal.
Occasional seating can be provided in our rooms for those you require it.